INTELLIGENT DIGITAL TEAR TESTER
HEAL’S Elmatear 2 is a powerful and versatile Digital Tear Tester for
accurately testing textiles,nonwovens and a wide variety of
similar materials, including paper,board and plastic.
The extensively re-designed Model855 features contemporary styling
and sophisticated new controls that simplify and accelerate routine
• The instrument’s intelligent operating system is equipped with industry-specific features and
terminologies for the user’s convenience and ease of operation.
• The operator selects the unit of measurement and the number of plies, using a state-of-the-art LCD
Touch Screen. Test results are displayed digitally - no cumbersome calculations are required.
Visible and audible indicators confirm valid results or signal the need to change the number of plies
and/or the pendulum weight.
• Automatic pendulum weight detection and automatic zeroing have been incorporated to
further diminish the scope for operator error.
• Another major feature of Elmatear² is quick and easy specimen clamping using innovative rotary cam
• Statistical analysis is possible without the need of connection to a PC. However, the PC Software
Package is designed to provide tools for saving, recalling, deleting and printing test results.
• The operation of Elmatear² is intrinsically safe – release of the pendulum requires both hands, finger
traps have been eliminated and, after a test, the pendulum is automatically arrested.
• Elmatear² is supplied complete – the price of the equipment includes a full set of Pendulum
Weights (equivalent to the traditional pendulums A–D) as well as corresponding check weights, a spare
blade and four textile specimen preparation templates. An optional E Pendulum Weight Kit (with
corresponding check weight and interchangeable jaw faces) is offered to increase the capacity of the
instrument to 128N.